What is the Service Protection Plan?
Replacement or repair of defective installed in-home wiring used with your covered enTouch devices. Get peace of mind for only $4.95 per month. Without the plan, regular service charges of $79.95 may be applied to your bill.
What’s Covered in the Plan?
- Cable television, high-speed internet, home security and home phone wiring from the point of demarcation into your home.
- Fittings for cable television and high-speed internet wiring inside your home, including coaxial jumper cables less than twelve feet in length to and from your equipment
- Telephone jacks and telephone twisted pair jumpers inside the home
- Cable television splitters and enTouch-purchased amplifiers
- Trouble calls due to customer education, or customer-owned equipment connected to enTouch services
- Free service trip and diagnosis for all problems related to customer-owned equipment and builder or enTouch installed home security systems
- Repair or replacement of alarm panel or battery for builder or enTouch installed home security systems
What’s Not Covered in the Plan?
- Repair of any customer-owned equipment (i.e TVs, DVD players, home theater systems, PCs, printers, monitors, hard drives, telephones, answering machines, etc.)
- Installation of additional outlets/jacks or relocation of existing outlets/jacks
- Installation of any customer home entertainment, internet or phone equipment (i.e. TVs, DVD players, PCs, etc.)
- Repeated or intentional customer damage to any Wave equipment and/or wiring
- Inside wiring used by other vendors to provide video, internet and/or phone services
- Inside wiring or equipment used for non-standard telephone systems such as PBX or fixed wireless
- Surround sound wiring or equipment
- The repair or installation of wire concealed within a wall
- Damage to equipment inside the home due to acts of nature, such as fire, flood, earthquakes, etc
- Computer configuration assistance
- Repair or replacement of ancillary alarm equipment (any alarm equipment that is not the alarm panel or battery) or security cameras
- Service calls to install new services or upgrade existing services including but not limited to adding extra cable boxes, activating an existing coaxial or Ethernet outlet or installing a new coaxial or Ethernet outlet
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Service Protection Plan cost?
Service Protection Plan is $4.95 per month and covers replacement or repair of defective installed in-home wiring used with your covered enTouch devices. Without the plan, regular service charges of $79.95 may be applied to you bill. To sign up, please call 1-888-610-1499 and an enTouch representative will be happy to help.
How do I sign up for Service Protection Plan?
To add Service Protection Plan to you account for $4.95 per month, please call 1-888-610-1499 and an enTouch representative will be happy to help.
Does Service Protection Plan cover wiring installed by the customer or a third party?
No. enTouch’s Service Protection Plan only covers coaxial cable installed by enTouch or our predecessors in interest. Coaxial cable installed by the customer or a third party is not covered. Most coaxial cable sold in retail stores does not meet the standard wire specifications outlined in the National Electrical Code and the Electronic Industry Association standards. All phone wiring, so long as it is installed to industry standards, is covered regardless of who installed it. (Phone wire is built to a set industry standard, regardless of vendor).
What is the demarcation point?
The demarcation point begins 12 inches outside of your home and extends inside to the individual cable outlets and extensions. For apartments, condominium or other group facilities, the demarcation point is the outlet or jack inside the unit.
Does Service Protection Plan cover customer damage to outside wiring?
No. enTouch’s Service Protection Plan only applies to inside wiring. All outside wiring, beyond the demarcation point, is our responsibility unless there is deliberate damage, or the wiring is owned by another service provider. Please note that you may be responsible for any damage you cause to outside wiring.
Does this cover repair of any customer-owned equipment?
No. Our coverage includes diagnosis, at no additional charge, which will confirm a problem residing within customer-owned equipment; however, you are responsible for repair costs to any equipment you own.
Does this cover repair of enTouch installed home security systems?
Yes. Our coverage includes diagnosis, at no additional charge, which will confirm a problem residing with your enTouch home security system. If the problem is found to be due to the alarm panel or the alarm battery, enTouch will replace free of charge. If the trouble is due to other ancillary alarm equipment or security camera, you will be responsible for the repair or replacement of this equipment.
Does Service Protection Plan cover the repair or installation of wires concealed within a wall?
No, this plan only covers inside wiring from the cable outlet or jack to your equipment. Wiring within the walls is not covered.
I'm an existing enTouch customer and I have a legacy service protection plan. Will enTouch continue to support my plan?
Yes, if you currently have enTouch Assurance, Home Line Maintenance, Tuxedo Maintenance or Lyric 2.0 Maintenance, enTouch will continue to support those plans at this time. However, if you decide to cancel one of the plans listed above, you will not be able to sign up for them again.
For information about legacy plans, please click on the links below:
Would Service Protection Plan cover the inside wiring if an animal chewed through the cable?
Yes. Service Protection Plan covers repair for inside wiring regardless of reason, except where there is intentional damage or the wire is concealed inside the wall.