Get the mobile experience you’ve always wanted with the TiVo app. Stream and download recorded shows from wherever you are. It’s easy to get started:
Before you Begin
Before you can use the TiVo app, you’ll need to:
1. Make sure your smartphone or tablet is running the right version to download the app. Requires version 7.0 or later for iOS devices and version 4.1 or later for Android devices.
2. Download the latest TiVo app from the app store. It’s free!
3. Make sure you have a compatible* TiVo box connected to your home network and make sure your smartphone or tablet has WiFi turned on and that it is connected to the same network as your TiVo box.
Setting up the App
This one-time set-up process takes only a minute:
1. Launch the TiVo app. Sign in using your TiVo.com username and password. If you haven’t registered your TiVo account, visit www.tivo.com, click My Account, and sign up.
2. If prompted, select the primary TiVo box to use with the app. You can always switch to a different box later.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up in-home streaming and out-of-home streaming.
Streaming and Downloading Shows
To get to the My Shows list, tap “My Shows” at the bottom of the screen. There are two tabs on the My Shows screen.
1. Tap “On DVR” to watch shows from your TiVo box’s My Shows list even if you’re away from home. Tap the show’s title to watch it or download it.
2. When downloading a show, tap the show’s title, tap “Download” and choose a download quality.
3. Tap “On Tablet/Phone”, to see your recording added to the download queue. Shows available to watch appear at the bottom of the download queue. Tap “Watch Now” to watch a show.
*Streaming to the TiVo app will work on TiVo Q and Premier Series 4 and above. To check
your TiVo box’s series, follow the following steps:
1. Click TiVo Central Menu button
2. Select Setting and Messages
3. Select Account and System Info
4. Select System Information
5. Platform will display series number